Commission Request Form
Hello! Thanks for your interest in my art and consideration for an original commission. You’ve come to the right place. The first step is to email me with all of the information necessary to understand your inquiry. Please read through and address all 12 topics and questions listed below when submitting your emailed request. If any areas are left unaddressed I will ask you to resubmit your email with the missing information. View my pricing sheet for media and size guidelines. All commissions are paid 50% upfront with the signing of the contract. The remaining 50% + shipping costs is paid when the art is finished prior to shipping.
1. First and Last Name
2. Preferred Pronouns
3. Briefly describe the idea you have for your commission request? Who is the artwork for? What is the image
depicting? What is the meaning behind this artwork?
4. When would you prefer to receive the commission?
(note early deadlines prior to two months have rush fees + 10% of artwork cost)
5. Where would the artwork need to be shipped?
6. Is it possible to pick up the artwork in person in Lansing, MI?
7. What is the size of the artwork you want to commission?
8. What media do you want the art to be made with? Options:
Oil on stretched canvas
Oil on uncradled board/panel (easy to frame on your own)
Oil on cradled board/panel (can be left unframed, easy to attach a hanging wire)
Oil on gesso-primed paper (easy to frame with matboard and common store-bought frames)
Gouache on paper
Graphite drawing on paper
Colored pencil drawing on paper
Charcoal drawing on paper
9. Do you want the artwork to be custom framed using Poplar wood by the artist at extra cost?
If yes, what kind of finish would you want? (natural, painted a solid color, or stained)
10. Is the artwork based on a specific reference photo(s)?
11. Are there past artworks made by Hector Acuna on acunaarts.com that you want your commission to be similar to? (technique, color, style, etc.) If yes, please list those artworks. This aids in the artists ability to better envision the work. Here is a quick link to my portfolio page.
12. Along with your responses don't forget to attach reference photos you would want me to use. The photos should be of high quality with clear lighting. If the photos seem unfit as references I will ask you to submit better photo material prior to signing the contract.
And that’s it! That’s all I need for now once you hit send you can expect up to one week before I respond. After I look over your submission I will get back to you with more specific questions and thoughts on your project. If we both are happy with the timeline, process, and materials for the project a formal contract will be sent to you before starting the project. Thank you for spending your time creating a detailed submission. I look forward to discussing your project with you soon!